Dog Policy & Rules
Over the years we’ve rescued 7 Great Danes, 5 have passed away and now we have Emma and Husdon.
$50 pet cleaning fee for three-nights or fewer on all reservations.
No pet cleaning fee for direct reservations of four nights or more. Direct reservations are only those made on this website. Reservations made on online travel agents like Expedia, Booking.com etc. are excluded.
$50 pet cleaning fee for four-nights or more on all reservations made through on-line travel agents like Expedia, Booking.com, etc.
There is no size limit or breed restriction, from toy to giant, all size breeds are welcome.
No more than two dogs are allowed in a suite.
*Service, Therapy or Companion Animals are not allowed.
The use of “wee-wee’ pads is not allowed.
1. Dogs must always & forever be on a leash if they are not inside your suite.
2. You must keep your dog from doing their ‘business’ in the garden. When a dog marks a spot, others will often do the same and pretty soon the garden will be just a memory.
3. You must have a cell phone with you and keep it turned on whenever you leave their dog unattended in your suite. For the sake of other guests, if your dog is barking for an extended period of time we will call you and you must come back to the house immediately.
4. You must pick up after your dog anywhere and everywhere in Savannah.
5. Dogs are never allowed on the beds or furniture. If your pooch must cuddle on the sofa, we have plenty of old sheets.
* In 2007, when we opened the Galloway House Inn we welcomed every dog and as owners of Great Danes, we know that kenneling a dog is very expensive. The Americans with Disabilities Act, ADA, makes it illegal to charge cleaning fees for service animals, yet it doesn’t define exactly what is or is not a service animal. Peacocks to puppies are all exempt from any fee, rule, or restriction, and because of that, more and more dog owners have claimed to have a service dog. Fortunately, we’re exempt from the ADA Title III Regulations but if you have a dog that is both your pet and trained service animal, we’ll be happy to donate your cleaning fee to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, ASPCA.
The Galloway House Inn is exempt from the Americans with Disabilities Act Title III Regulations, Part 36 Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Public Accommodations and Commercial Facilities and documentation can be found here, The section 36.104 Definitions, Place of Public Accommodation (1), states “Place of lodging, except for an establishment located within a facility that contains not more than five rooms for rent or hire and that actually is occupied by the proprietor of the establishment as the residence of the proprietor.”